SALINGER features interviews with 150 subjects including Salinger’s friends and colleagues who have never spoken on the record before as well as film footage, photographs and other material that has never been seen. Additionally, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Edward Norton, John Cusack, Danny DeVito, John Guare, Martin Sheen, David Milch, Robert Towne, Tom Wolfe, E.L. Doctorow, Gore Vidal and Pulitzer Prize winners A. Scott Berg and Elizabeth Frank talk about Salinger’s influence on their lives, their work and the broader culture. The film is the first work to get beyond the Catcher in the Rye author’s meticulously built up wall: his childhood, painstaking work methods, marriages, private world and the secrets he left behind after his death in 2010.
- ‘Salinger’: Shane Salerno says documentary answers ‘big questions’(June 13, 2013)
- New Salinger Book and Film Coming Within Next Year(Jan 29, 2013)
- Weinstein Company Confirms Worldwide Rights Deal For Shane Salerno Docu ‘Salinger;’ Sets September 6 Release(March 21, 2013)
- J.D. Salinger Documentary Acquired By Harvey Weinstein(Feb 27, 2013)
- Salinger Like You’ve Never Seen Him(July 29, 2010)
- Secret J.D. Salinger Documentary & Book, Now Revealed (Mike Has Seen The Film)
(Jan 29, 2010)